•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

2019 Lunar Eclipse Montage

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Achernar

Achernar

Voyager 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Mobile, Alabama, USA

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:03 PM

I have looked through all the negatives I obtained during the recent lunar eclipse and assembled this montage from photos taken from before the beginning to mid-totality. All were taken at prime focus through my 8-inch Celestron EdgeHD Schmidt-Cassegrain, and exposures ranged from 1/250th of a second to 60 seconds during the middle of totality. After scanning the film with my Canon scanner, the necessary adjustments and compilation into this composite was accomplished with Photoshop.

Taras

Attached Thumbnails

• 2019_lunar_eclipse_small copy.jpg

• Erik Bakker, highfnum, Joe F Gafford and 12 others like this

#2 TxStars

TxStars

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Lost In Space

Posted 27 January 2019 - 06:31 PM

That looks very good , which film did you go with?

#3 Achernar

Achernar

Voyager 1

• topic starter

Posted 27 January 2019 - 07:37 PM

That looks very good , which film did you go with?

I used Fujicolor Superia-Xtra 400 speed color negative film. I have long preferred Fuji color film over Kodak's.

Taras

Edited by Achernar, 27 January 2019 - 07:40 PM.

#4 canondslr

canondslr

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:00 PM

Very nice images!  Well done. Neat to see film shots of the moon.

#5 Alen K

Alen K

Apollo

• -----

Posted 15 February 2019 - 12:07 AM

Very nice indeed! Much nicer than my feeble effort using a DSLR and a 200mm lens out of a window. (I was too chicken to stand out in the -8F cold. My concern was not for myself - I'm Canadian and we laugh at such temperatures - but for my camera, which is only rated down to -10C or 14F.) Link is here but I won't embed the image because it is OT for this forum.

Edited by Alen K, 15 February 2019 - 12:08 AM.

#6 Achernar

Achernar

Voyager 1

• topic starter

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:33 PM

Very nice indeed! Much nicer than my feeble effort using a DSLR and a 200mm lens out of a window. (I was too chicken to stand out in the -8F cold. My concern was not for myself - I'm Canadian and we laugh at such temperatures - but for my camera, which is only rated down to -10C or 14F.) Link is here but I won't embed the image because it is OT for this forum.

Nicely exposed, but I wouldn't have been able to get my camera to work at -8 F, let alone my hands. Pretty darn good, considering what you had to work with.

Taras

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics