To carry on the tradition...
Stardust (as performed by the great
Dinah Shore Doris Day)
And now the purple dusk of twilight time
Steals across the meadows of my heart
High up in the sky the little stars climb
Always reminding me that were apart
You wander down the lane and far away
Leaving me a song that will not die
Love is now the stardust
Of the years
Sometimes I wonder why I spend
The lonely nights
Dreaming of a song.
The melody haunts my reverie
And I am once again with you.
When our love was new, and each kiss an inspiration.
But that was long ago, and now my consolation
Is in the stardust of a song.
Beside the garden wall, when stars are bright
You are in my arms
The nightingale tells his fairy tale
Of paradise where roses grew.
Though I dream in vain, in my heart you will remain
My stardust melody
The memory of loves refrain
Songwriters: Christopher Gentry / John Hutchinson Dean / Matthew Everitt / Simon Ian White / Stuart Black
This is a continuation of the previous thread. I'm locking the old thread but it will age off in a few days.
***********There are some new rules. Please read. ***************************************
1) The basic guideline for this thread is to list ads and auctions that others may be interested in. It is not intended to replace CL or eBay as a site to find all possible classic ads. Please keep your posts to actual "classic" equipment. If you have to ask if it's classic, it probably isn't.
2) Do not post your own ads or the ads of your friends, this includes items you may be trying sell for someone else. This is considered sale promotion in the open forums and is a violation of the CN TOS. Please post your own ads in the Swap & Shop forum or the Cloudy Nights Classifieds.
3) We request that you do not post photos from ads. If you must have some reference to a photo in the post, post a link to the photo, not the photo itself.
4) Do not post the entire ad text, or large blocks of it, without permission from the author.
5) Concentrate on the item for sale, and not the seller.
6) Although not mandatory, when posting ads, including a short description of the item is a courtesy to others who don't have time to click on every link. It also provides some data when the link is no longer active. Be a little specific.
Here's an example of a good post:
4" f/8 Jaegers OTA on eBay. LINK
4" telescope. LINK
7) Please post a live link to the item. Do not post "PM me for link". We realize that this is an honest attempt to prevent non-CN member flippers from finding the posts, but most of the hard-core flippers are CN members already. Flippers look for bargains, they won't be outbidding you at top-dollar because they won't make any money on the item. Most of the time you are outbid, it is by a fellow Classics CN member.
8) Please limit yourself to one "found" post per hour. If you find more items within that time, just edit your post and add them, or wait until you have finished looking at all the ad sites and post them all at once.
9) Short discussions can take place about the items listed. When quoting a post, edit the quoted post to include only the part you are replying to. Do not quote an entire string of replies. If not quoting, make a note of what your reply pertains to, so others won't misinterpret your reply. Please keep these discussions limited to the actual items posted. If the discussion becomes protracted or the noise level gets too high, these posts will be moved to a new thread. Further comments on the item should then be made in the new thread.
10) Ads that are odd or have humor may find a better home in the Favorite Used Telescope Ad thread.
Posts that do not follow these posting guidelines or are for items not appropriate for this thread may be removed at moderator discretion.
Buyer Beware- CN is not responsible for any of the ads or auctions posted here or their content. There are some scams floating around, so do your homework before pursuing any ad.
Remember, keep to the ads and the equipment in them, not the seller or others.
Remember the main TOS theme: Be Nice.
Posts that do not follow the guidelines may be deleted in their entirety. Don't keep quoting posts that you know do not follow the guidelines. Your entire post will be deleted, not just the quoted section.
No more posts complaining about parting out equipment or comments about this thread affecting prices. There are other threads for those issues.
ANY POSTS THAT ARE CONSIDERED AS HARASSMENT TO A MEMBER WILL BE REMOVED WITH NO NOTICE ALONG WITH THEIR QUOTES. CONTINUED HARASSMENT OF OTHER MEMBERS MAY RESULT IN UNWANTED VACATIONS. STICK TO THE ADS AND EQUIPMENT AND AVOID STRAYING OFF THE AD TOPICS.