•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

HDR Lunar Eclipse Collage

astrophotography moon
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DynamicUniverse

DynamicUniverse

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Apex, North Carolina

Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:30 PM

Here's a collage of the moon passing through the Earth's shadow.  I have been wanting to shoot a complete lunar eclipse timelapse sequence completely in HDR for awhile.  Magic Lantern "Software" allowed me to take 7 bracketed 2-stop exposures every 70sec.  Afterwards, the final HDR images of every 7 exposure set was combined in Photoshop.  Each phase in the collage represents an image taken every 7 minutes going from right to left.  I guess 7 was the magic number this night.  The collage represents about a hour before and after totality.  It sort of reminds me of a glowing ceramic rod that has been heated considerably.  I'm still working on a better version of an HDR lunar eclipse time lapse I made for an outreach event last weekend.  

Taken with a Canon 600d mounted on a SV90 telescope.

Chris

Attached Thumbnails

• EarthsShadowCollage2.jpg

Edited by DynamicUniverse, 01 February 2019 - 02:34 PM.

• Carol L, jim kuhns, Ron359 and 7 others like this

#2 sharkmelley

sharkmelley

Vanguard

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:50 PM

Very nicely presented.  I like the way the Earth's shadow is shown.

Mark

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, moon

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics