•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Quantum 6 Bottom Fork Knob stiff

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 R Dickson

R Dickson

Lift Off

• Loc: Rockwood, TN

Posted Yesterday, 09:42 PM

One last post from me just to show a shot of my scope (and obviously home made dew shield).

Sorry again if up is not up. Not sure how to fix it.

Richard Dickson

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0739.JPG

• TerryWood likes this

#27 TerryWood

TerryWood

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: USA

Posted Today, 02:29 AM

That a good looking rig you have there! The one thing that did not come with my Q6 was the sliding dewshield. Was yours easy to construct? V/R Terry

#28 R Dickson

R Dickson

Lift Off

• Loc: Rockwood, TN

Posted Today, 10:47 AM

My dew shield was not as easy to make as I would have wished.If I remember I made it from layers of fiberglass mat and resin. I have no recall of how I formed it. I guess I somehow used the tube itself as a mold (protected of course somehow). I also know it was painted with the car paint that supposedly had the same code they used originally. I think it has aged a little differently than the tube a bit. It was a dead match when new. It is flocked inside with felt and forms a tight fit.

Richard

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics