•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Looking for a good quality and affordable Barlow

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#51 Peter Besenbruch

Peter Besenbruch

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Oahu

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:09 PM

I own the Celestron Xcel 2x Barlow. I seemed to have enjoyed the view through it more than the shorty Barlow. 

The Celestron C-Cel 2x replaced my Ultima. The X-Cel offers better light control, and less vignetting. It is a wonderful Barlow.

• Jond105 likes this

#52 AxelB

AxelB

Apollo

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:21 PM

+1 for the X-cel x2 barlow. I don’t use it often and only got it (used) recently but I can already tell it’s a good performer.

I still prefer to avoid barlows. I only got it to allow me to do some tests on my refractor. Before running those tests, I wanted to be sure it was optically good so I used it a bit with my C8. Nice little barlow, especially for the price I paid.

Edited by AxelB, 20 April 2019 - 10:24 PM.

• Jond105 likes this

#53 25585

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: In a valley, in the UK.

Posted 22 April 2019 - 12:19 PM

Save a bit and buy an 8-24mm zoom. Better range and 10mm than came with your scope. A ×2 Barlow then is all you might need.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics