•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade lx200 gps/ Celestron PowerTank Litium Battery

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jklapheke01

jklapheke01

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:09 AM

I've been looking at building my own battery pack for my LX200 GPS over the past few weeks. I ran into a sales ad for the Celestron PowerTank Lithium Power Pack. I assume that they will be compatible, but everyone know what happens when you assume. Anyone with up to date info?? I would appreciate any help with this subject..

#2 Neptune

Neptune

Apollo

• Loc: Georgia

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:05 AM

If I remember correctly the Meade uses 18v dc. Check the output on the Celestron Power Pack, it's probably 12v dc..

I have a Celestron CPC that I was thinking of moding to use rechargeable batteries storied in the fork arms.  It would be nice not to have to run a power cord every time it gets used.

#3 Geo.

Geo.

Vendor - Nexstar Parts

• Vendors
  • Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:08 PM

The GPS is 12V, Classic 18V. Celestron uses the "M" type coaxial power plug; 5mm barrel 2.2mm center pin. Meade the "N" type. 5mm barrel 2.5 center pin. So you will need a Meade type cable. Both are center pin is hot. 12V is pretty much universally 12V.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics