•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Teleskop service

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#26 powasam5000

powasam5000

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:48 PM

I live in Florida and have ordered from them and got my package in less than 3 days. These guys as well as ZWO and agenastro have really really fast shipping and great customer service. Every other site I use it takes more than a week to get anything. Most of these places are not even that far from my location. But its hilarious that places across the ocean in international locations can be so quick.

#27 wargrafix

wargrafix

Soyuz

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Trinidad

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:59 PM

I know what you mean. Actually 365 astronomy and I had a similar tussle when I first went with them. And since then it's been a great partnership. This might be the same

#28 NYJohn S

NYJohn S

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Northport, NY

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:26 PM

Did you just pay the price plus shipping or were there any fees or duty added when it passes through customs? 

#29 wargrafix

wargrafix

Soyuz

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:39 PM

Minor duties. Like minor. If I buy an apo, that may be different

#30 NYJohn S

NYJohn S

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Northport, NY

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:48 PM

Thanks! I'm looking at the Skywatcher AZ5 mount. It's not available in the US. 

#31 HenrikH

HenrikH

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:57 PM

Bought my scope and accessories at TS and an accessory return was handled very quick and easy. 

#32 aneeg

aneeg

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Nesodden, Norway

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:33 PM

I still havent heard from them, after almost two weeks.

So I will place my order elsewhere, if I can find a Riccardo reducer.

Arne

#33 wargrafix

wargrafix

Soyuz

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:33 PM

I could pass on your message whenever I chat with them. Problem solving is making everyone happy.
  • psandelle likes this

#34 D.T.

D.T.

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Oregon

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:26 PM

I've bought from them. They're very responsive, anything gets missed they're fast with emails and take care of everything. Shipping and all for an imported item from another country to USA is quite reasonable on the costs. And they take Paypal/CC without any hassle overseas. I would highly recommend them. They make custom stuff too and it's fantastic.

Very best,

What can you tell me about the custom stuff?  I am thinking about having them construct a Newtonian optical tube for me.  I would like to select exact mirror, mirror cell, tube, spider, focuser, etc, etc.  from their listed parts and have them build exactly what I want.  Or will they only do minor substitutions on their listed catalog products?

Dana

#35 TxStars

TxStars

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Lost In Space

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:47 AM

In the US duties on optics are different than other items, not sure what the current cost is tho..

If you call US customs they should be able to give you the rates, just may take time to get a response from them.

• NYJohn S likes this

#36 Wouter1981

Wouter1981

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:20 AM

I have ordered several times from them and once payed the shop a visit. They spend about 1 hour with me, explaining several items, possibilities and even convincing me my telescope was good enough and I shouldn't buy a new one from them!

Fast deliveries, good prices and a big stock, I buy almost all my stuff there.

#37 buddy ny

buddy ny

Viking 1

• Loc: USA N.Carolina

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:13 PM

I ordered an obscure part for an no longer available Giro-3 mount. They had to scoure the warehouse to find it.  Great effort on there part...but it took about 2-3 weeks to get it here. Part of that was my impatient nature

DHL was the other

I don't recall paying any type of duty tax or fee

All in all very good service

I ordered an obscure part for an no longer available Giro-3 mount. They had to scoure the warehouse to find it.  Great effort on there part...but it too about 2-3 weeks to get it here. Part of that was my impatient nature

DHL was the other

I don't recall paying any type of duty tax or fee

All in all very good service

Weird never copyed my own post befor.hmmmm

Edited by buddy ny, 13 February 2019 - 02:16 PM.

#38 wargrafix

wargrafix

Soyuz

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:33 AM

Right now they are my only reliable source of power cables for the az-eq6
  • danielguo likes this

#39 wargrafix

wargrafix

Soyuz

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:42 PM

And...communications gone dark..again

#40 MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Florida

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:45 PM

What can you tell me about the custom stuff?  I am thinking about having them construct a Newtonian optical tube for me.  I would like to select exact mirror, mirror cell, tube, spider, focuser, etc, etc.  from their listed parts and have them build exactly what I want.  Or will they only do minor substitutions on their listed catalog products?

Dana

I had them custom machine me a filter holding cell for a very large narrowband filter (an 8 inch filter). I gave them my dimensions and needs in a comment box. They replied to me in an email asking for more specs to make sure they had it exactly right. Then after that they confirmed everything and awaited my confirmation before proceeding to the machining of the part. Then they made it and shipped it. Took under 3 weeks from the moment of my order to delivery. I'm not sure how it would work for an OTA and mirrors. But they're very responsive, and will work with you. I needed a custom cell to hold a very large, very heavy filter.

Here's what T.S. made for me (it's a machined aluminum filter holding cell matched to my C8 Edge HD telescope, and it's felt lined on all surfaces that touch the filter and scope, and it holds my 4.5lbs 214mm tri-band narrowband filter (which passes 656.28nm, 393.4nm, 430nm, all at +/- 20A, dielectric) and it's perfect. Literally perfect. Exactly matched and precisely machined. I would buy again in a heart beat.

46435058514_245246cd48_c.jpg

47106519802_d75f2cd02e_c.jpg

47106519952_ee10e4a872_c.jpg

We don't pay any special customs or import fees to the USA from them.

Just pay shipping (which is super reasonable for what they have!).

You don't pay EU VAT tax and stuff. The price is converted to USD and that's it, plus shipping, which again is super reasonable.

Shipping is trackable and very good and responsive and updates. UPS delivered mine item, and I got my email updates so it told me my 4 hour window for delivery and it was delivered the day they stated it would be and in their quoted 4 hour window. Freaking excellent delivery service from UPS arranged from an international courier. I was shocked it was so precise.

Very best,

• happylimpet likes this

#41 cturek

cturek

Explorer 1

• Loc: OFallon, MO USA

Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:49 AM

I also have to share my recent experience with Teleskop Service. I ordered a TS AZ5 alt-az mount last Friday morning, February 15th. The shipping cost from Germany, after conversion to USD, was only 67.00 dollars. They shipped the mount via UPS and it was dropped off at my door on Monday the 18th. I think that is amazing.

BTW, the TS AZ5 (same as the SkyTee 2) is very robust. I spent one evening this week dismantling it and removing the glue/grease then re-lubing it.    

• Freezout likes this

#42 wargrafix

wargrafix

Soyuz

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

Now they are not answering Facebook messages

#43 wargrafix

wargrafix

Soyuz

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:48 PM

This is a case of buyer beware.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics