•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Imaging considerations for an Edge 11

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lead_Weight

Lead_Weight

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Houston

Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:20 AM

I just picked up one of these used. After dropping it off at the cleaners, I intend to image with it reduced .7x.  This will be used primarily for small galaxy, planetary nebula, and some planetary imaging. Will also probably do some detail views of some of the larger nebula.

My current imaging gear consists of the following:
ZWO ASI1600MM-C - DSO Imaging
ZWO ASI224MC - Planetary/Guiding
ZWO ASI290MM Mini - Guiding
31mm Astrodon filters, LRGB, SHO
CGX Mount

What hardware/cameras should I consider for the setup? I've been imaging with refractors 60mm, 102mm, and a 6" RC. All have guide scopes.

I think the CGX will handle better if the focal length is reduced, hence the reducer.

Is the main camera ok for this application? Do I need something with larger pixels if the area I'm imaging is a lot smaller? What about guiding? Should I go OAG? I've heard they're necessary on these scopes. Should I consider a different guide scope, or is what I have sufficient? What about focusers? I have a couple of motorized Moonlites right now. Should one be in the cards for the Edge? Heating/cooling situation for this thing?

Thanks for the comments.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics