•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tele Vue Blog: Return to the Moon with Michel Deconinck

art charts sketching planet optics moon observing report reflector refractor mount
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stars4jon

Stars4jon

Vendor (TeleVue)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Orange Co., NY

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:16 PM

This year all eyes will turn to the Moon to mark the 50th Anniversary of the first Moon landing.

The Moon is the natural first target for new amateur astronomers, yet all too often as observers

become seasoned, the Moon becomes a nuisance that blots the stars from the sky. This week

we explore the Moon through the eyes and talented hands of Michel Deconinck. As you will see,

there is much to see in the monthly dance between shadow and light on the lunar surface.

Do you still view the Moon? Which Tele Vue products are you using? Let us know in the comments

below. 

Return to the Moon with Michel Deconinck

Attached Thumbnails

• zoom-tv_l.jpg

• Cyrano and Defenderslideguitar like this

#2 jeremiah2229

jeremiah2229

Apollo

• Loc: Illinois, USA N 37° W 89°

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:33 PM

I'm on Luna every chance I get. If my eye is not tired/stressed from the day I start observing with the Fujiyama Orthos then as my eye tires I switch to the Delites. If tired then from get go I start with the Delites. Just off of Vendelinus is Holden and I go here every opportunity I can, searching for the little crater inside of it. My youngest grandson is named Holden so I have to go here.  waytogo.gif

Peace...

#3 Defenderslideguitar

Defenderslideguitar

Apollo

• Loc: Connecticut

Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:42 PM

Good topic

The moon    our first and frequent target. Easy to find when you are 5 or 65

While the moon can be a bother when you are busy trying to see other things   it is a pleasure to continue to view it  when it becomes all  in the way.......I like how the moon as it moves east each night can be a friendly guidepost when you are trying to help newbees  and young people  to find stuff          For example    who among us has not advised .." Be sure to see Jupiter tonight as it is easy to find  just to the left and down from the quarter moon   or    check out Mars    it is easy to find as  the moon is just above it  "    well you get the idea

The moon   cant live with it   cant live without it ?    well   let's enjoy it  

I was 12  in 1969  I still have all my newpapers and magazines   and much much more in my Apollo 11 collection   started when I was 12      big photos from NASA  dated and mailed  July August 1969   cant wait to dig it out and share some of it..........

Televue = a Delos 8   a Delite 12      a Barlow     a 1985 Naglar 4.8  and others for moon and planets            also some TV widefield eyepieces  and 27 Panoptic for wider topics

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: art, charts, sketching, planet, optics, moon, observing report, reflector, refractor, mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics