•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How to Neatly Re-wrap a Questar Power Cord (Video demo)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Optics Patent

Optics Patent

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Dallas TX

Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:22 AM

I'll bet the factory has a little 6-1/4" long card or board they wrap the cord around, but this 5 minute video shows how I wrap the AC power cord.

• sgorton99, terraclarke, rcwolpert and 1 other like this

#2 Loren Gibson

Loren Gibson

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Northern Florida, USA

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:41 AM

From the video: "You know you're a Questar enthusiast when you actually watch videos on how to wrap up a cord."

lol.gif

Loren

• pbealo, terraclarke and spereira like this

#3 terraclarke

terraclarke

Hubble

• Loc: 39° 4' 19" N / 84° 28' 22" W

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:55 PM

I just watched it Ben, now to practice! I have always heard it said that if you unwind it, you’ll never get it back like it was and mine is so nice and neat that I have always been afraid to unwrap it. I even contemplated buying a new one just so I could keep one perfectly wound for ‘display’ and have one to actually use. Now I don’t have to do that. Your video is perfectly understandable. Thank you!

bow.gif

Edited by terraclarke, 16 February 2019 - 12:58 PM.

• rcwolpert likes this

#4 Gregory Gross

Gregory Gross

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Pacific Northwest

Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:06 PM

I was just about to post a request that someone share a picture of their factory-wrapped power cord. A video walkthrough is 10x better! Thanks much!

#5 davidmcgo

davidmcgo

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:13 PM

I just watched it Ben, now to practice! I have always heard it said that if you unwind it, you’ll never get it back like it was and mine is so nice and neat that I have always been afraid to unwrap it. I even contemplated buying a new one just so I could keep one perfectly wound for ‘display’ and have one to actually use. Now I don’t have to do that. Your video is perfectly understandable. Thank you!

bow.gif

I actually did that!  I bought a second from Questar to keep in the pocket in the case.  The one I use lives looped to my Davis and Sanford tripod head for easy use.  I can’t imagine wrapping and unwrapping frequently is good for the cords.

Dave

• terraclarke likes this

#6 Optics Patent

Optics Patent

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Dallas TX

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:24 PM

Doesn’t everyone have a spare for actual use?
  • terraclarke likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics