•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

PEC training the EQ6R-Pro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nimitz69

nimitz69

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: A barrier island 18 miles south of Cocoa Beach

Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:45 PM

Before getting auto guiding functional I plan to do PEC trng on my mount.  For those who have this mount, how much improvement did you see unguided & guided?  I plan to do it even if the answer were “not much” but just curious.

also, since I’ll be doing this manually with a reticle EP, any tips on the procedure?

Edited by nimitz69, 16 February 2019 - 04:46 PM.

#2 DuncanM

DuncanM

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Arizona Sky Village or the rain forest

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:15 PM

I haven't trained the PEC on mine but the PE curve was very smooth and PEC should work well. There have been some threads on this in the Mounts forum. Here's one:

https://www.cloudyni...-pro/?p=8795584

Edit: PEC training really requires a guidecamera that can record multiple PE curves, which are then averaged with the effects of wind and atmospheric distortion removed, to produce a smoothed curve. Single pass training doesn't work well.

Edited by DuncanM, 16 February 2019 - 06:35 PM.

• rockstarbill likes this

#3 nimitz69

nimitz69

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: A barrier island 18 miles south of Cocoa Beach

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:54 AM

thx for the link, that answers a lot of questions & looks somewhat straight forward to accomplish since I already have EQMOD up and running with CuC, PHD2, SGP & Sharpcap all recognizing my equipment.   Obviously need to get auto guiding running but I want to get SharpCap PA working first .... tonight is forecast to be clear so with the almost full moon up it will be a good time to finally get this put to bed so I can move on to the other stuff ...

• elmiko likes this

#4 DuncanM

DuncanM

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Arizona Sky Village or the rain forest

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:50 PM

thx for the link, that answers a lot of questions & looks somewhat straight forward to accomplish since I already have EQMOD up and running with CuC, PHD2, SGP & Sharpcap all recognizing my equipment.   Obviously need to get auto guiding running but I want to get SharpCap PA working first .... tonight is forecast to be clear so with the almost full moon up it will be a good time to finally get this put to bed so I can move on to the other stuff ...

Please report your results.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics