•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Wide Field Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rpsqueezer

Rpsqueezer

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:24 PM

I have a nice 1960 Q and enjoy it in most respects. But it has the smaller (0.71”) rear port and most accessories are designed to fit the larger port size: 1.25”. Were lots of parts changes required to make the later wide field model, or was it primarily the replacement of the control box cover?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ross Schlabach

#2 Optics Patent

Optics Patent

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Dallas TX

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:34 PM

I suspect that it may also involve the spindle internal diameter and baffling. I have a modern one open now and can provide dimensions if needed.

I’d have to check but I think the modern wide axial port is not 1.25” but smaller. .9xxx? The Barlow and filter thread diameter.

#3 Rpsqueezer

Rpsqueezer

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:40 PM

Thanks Ben. I was hoping that it might be an easy modification that I could undertake with the aid of your videos, but maybe not.

Ross Schlabach

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics