Last evening I went out early trying to find Mercury. Of course there was no sign of it so while waiting to darken and capture some stars I decided to experiment a bit on the moon which was brightly shining above. I'm very happy with the results and I will definitely try to improve. I took the frames by using the 3x barlow lens which gave me a powerful zoom. The downside of this is that the target is quickly navigating out of the FOV and I can capture about 30-50 frames before having to manually readjust the scope. The process is a bit annoying until you get used to it and make the moves almost automatically.
Since I was only experimenting, I didn't took many frames, about 300 for each target so the results are a bit noisy. But next time I'll target the moon I will plan a session concentrating on at most two features and I'll take at least 1000 frames for each one. I also used the Moon&Sky glow filter which helped increasing the contrast. For processing I used PIPP , AutoStakkert, Registax and PaintShop. Here are the resulting pics:
Schiller and Hainzel Craters: https://www.flickr.c...N04/46210903935
Kepler Crater: https://www.flickr.c...N04/46401331454
Copernicus Crater: https://www.flickr.c...N04/46210904265