•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sky Safari and Google Play Store

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kd6vm

kd6vm

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:41 PM

Has anyone else had issues purchasing Sky Safari from the Google Play store?  I have tried all day to purchase the software, but all three payment methods I try keep failing.  A Google search results in hundreds of threads with the same complaint.

#2 junomike

junomike

Hubble

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

Which version  are you trying to purchase?

#3 kd6vm

kd6vm

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:19 PM

Which version  are you trying to purchase?

Sky Safari 6 Plus.  I am able to download the Sky Portal, but that is free.  I may have to use that for awhile until the problem can be fixed.

Edited by kd6vm, 17 February 2019 - 03:37 PM.

#4 btschumy

btschumy

Vendor - Simulation Curriculum

• Vendors
  • Loc: Longmont, CO, USA

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:15 PM

A Google search results in hundreds of threads with the same complaint.

Hundred of threads about not being able to purchase SkySafari?  That seems unlikely.

I'm not aware of any problems but if there is one it is between your Android device and Google Play.  We are in no way involved in the actual purchase or download of the app itself.  

If you can "purchase" free software but not SkySafari, it may be a problem with the credit card attached to your account.

Edited by btschumy, 17 February 2019 - 07:17 PM.

• Jon Isaacs likes this

#5 kd6vm

kd6vm

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:26 PM

Hundred of threads about not being able to purchase SkySafari?  That seems unlikely.

I'm not aware of any problems but if there is one it is between your Android device and Google Play.  We are in no way involved in the actual purchase or download of the app itself.  

If you can "purchase" free software but not SkySafari, it may be a problem with the credit card attached to your account.

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear in my post.   I did not read about any problems with the purchase of Sky Safari, just problems with purchasing software from Google Play store in general.  Many have tried various payment methods over a period of time, contacted Google support, tried all of their remedies and still have problems.

• Jon Isaacs likes this

#6 Jon Isaacs

Jon Isaacs

ISS

• Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:16 AM

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear in my post.   I did not read about any problems with the purchase of Sky Safari, just problems with purchasing software from Google Play store in general.  Many have tried various payment methods over a period of time, contacted Google support, tried all of their remedies and still have problems.

I can't really help you with your payment problems.  Have you tried a Google Playstore gift card?  When I want to make a gift of Sky Safari Plus or Pro to someone, I give them a Playstore gift card. 

Jon

#7 kd6vm

kd6vm

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:31 AM

I can't really help you with your payment problems.  Have you tried a Google Playstore gift card?  When I want to make a gift of Sky Safari Plus or Pro to someone, I give them a Playstore gift card. 

Jon

That is something I could look into.

#8 kd6vm

kd6vm

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:18 AM

Many comments on the forums I have read indicated that the only way to solve that particular problem is to call Google Play support.  I did, and ten minutes later I was able to purchase the software.

They won't tell you what the problem was, but did indicate that the problem is on their end.

This might help someone else with the same issue.

• Jon Isaacs likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics