•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Atik Infinity camera on Celestron SCT

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MarcusRodrigues

MarcusRodrigues

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:12 AM

Hello. This is my first post. Just started using my new Celestron SCT CGX 1100 with f6.3 Reducer. Last telescope I had was in 1973!
I will be receiving an Atik Infinity camera with back focus of 13mm.
I assume I can just remove the star diagonal and attach the camera (whilst still using the Reducer).
Do I have to worry about any other attachments?
Thank you

#2 mclewis1

mclewis1

Thread Killer

• Loc: New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:48 AM

Yes, you need to get the sensor in the camera placed at about 105mm behind the reducer to get the .63x reduction factor. So you'll need approximately 90mm of spacers. You can use a little less spacing but you'll get less than specified reduction.

The Celestron SCT-T adapter is a good choice to start with. It's usually cheap, has a simple rotating ring so it can be oriented anyway you like and it's 50mm deep. The Infinity has female T threads on it's nose piece so you'll need another 40mm of T threaded spacers to go from the back of the T-Adapter and the camera. T thread spacers are inexpensive and widely available.

Here's an example of the adapters/spacers ... 

https://agenaastro.c...ter-93633a.html

https://agenaastro.c...be-1508153.html

Oh and welcome to CN Marcus.

Edited by mclewis1, 18 February 2019 - 08:54 AM.

#3 MarcusRodrigues

MarcusRodrigues

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for the help.

Wonderful forum.

Marcus

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics