•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Atik Technical Support Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 erdoc

erdoc

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:19 PM

Wondering if anyone has been experiencing issues with Atik technical support lately. My Infinity stopped being recognized by my Win 10 notebook after the latest Windows update.  I reloaded Infinity software and drivers (twice), laptop now recognizes camera, but doesn't show or stack images, and hangs after the vertical status bar fills up once.  Have tried contacting Atik tech support with the link on their website, and on their general support email 4 times over the past 11 days.  Got an automated reply stating I was in the queue for help, then after I sent another email, was told that they were catching up after a show the previous weekend, but would speak with their software person and would get back to me. Since then, no response to 2 further inquiries over the past week, not even "Sorry for the delay, we'll get to you soon." They are located in the UK, so unable to easily phone them.

I'm sure there's a good explanation.  I know they are a small operation, perhaps someone is out sick.  I have been spoiled by Ioptron tech support where I'd get responses in a matter of hours, even on weekends and in the middle of the night, don't expect that kind of service. I know my camera is only a toy, albeit an expensive one...

Is this typical for Atik?  If so, I guess I'll just have to wait it out.  It's not the end of the world.  I'll hammer them with emails, hoping my issue will get escalated.

Thanks,

Robert

#2 erdoc

erdoc

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:17 PM

Problem solved without tech support - All it took was a reboot!

#3 roelb

roelb

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Belgium, Antwerp

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:16 AM

Check if Atik Windows service is active. Had also out of the blue problems with Infinity software and service was not activated. I have set it Auto Delayed now.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics