•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Feeding back the plate solved coordinates to Sky Safari 6 Pro

astrophotography imaging planetarium software
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maheshravivarma

maheshravivarma

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:16 AM

Hello,

I have a copy of the Sky Safari 6 Pro software, running on Mac. I also have a CloudMakers AstroDSLR + ClodMakers AstroMetry.

The AstroDSLR+Astrometry combo captures pictures, plate solves and give me the current (actual) coordinates.

Now there is Sky Safari 6 Pro that 'thinks' it is at a particular location - but in reality there is a slight offset. 

Now I need the Sky Safari to re-sync/ align to the location as pointed by my pate solver.

However - I don't see this option anywhere in SS - please help !

#2 btschumy

btschumy

Vendor - Simulation Curriculum

• Vendors
  • Loc: Longmont, CO, USA

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:47 AM

You might want to post this question to Simulation Curriculum's Community Forums since this is really not our support channel.

Is SkySafari connected to the mount through the hand controller?  If so then will use whatever alignment model and position that is reported by the hand controller.  If is is connecting via some WiFi connection to the CloudMakers software then I really don't know.  You might have to ask them about it.

#3 maudette

maudette

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:27 AM

Hi,

Did you get an answer on this?  I have the same issue.  I'm assuming that you are connected to a mount.  I think you can click the coordinate, select the right coordinate system and overwrite them to the new coordinates.  Then click on the screen to the new location display and click on adjust on the scope control panel window.

Michel

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, imaging, planetarium software

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics