•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

40 to 1000x Magnification "Endoscope"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 desertstars

desertstars

ISS

• topic starter
  • Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:00 AM

Has anyone in this group experimented with this gadget, or one like it? An acquaintance who is into finding micrometeorites recommended it for field work (my interest in it would be botanical - identifying plants in the field) but my "too good to be true" feelers are quivering.

https://www.amazon.c...text,194&sr=1-1

#2 Geo.

Geo.

Vendor - Nexstar Parts

• Vendors
  • Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:14 AM

On of the guys in the OnStep group found an astro use for one. He was able to adjust the alignment of his toothed drive pulleys on an Atlas conversion where they are hidden inside the casting.

#3 ed_turco

ed_turco

Vanguard

• Loc: Lincoln, RI

Posted Yesterday, 11:34 AM

I've sorted through a lot of claims for huge magnifications.  Seems as if the 1000x is an area measurement, not linear.

#4 Microscopy

Microscopy

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted Today, 11:34 AM

Every cheap toy microscope can easily magnify 1000x. Only problem: it's not about magnification, it's about *resolution*...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics