•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Last night off for two weeks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jond105

Jond105

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: Detroit

Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:41 AM

So, pardon my French, but tonight sucked.

Ok, it wasn't too bad, but still. I brought out the 10" at around 5:30 and turned on the fan and let it sit for a couple of hours. Everything called for clear skies. Clear my behind. The cloud haze was there from the time I went out at 7, until just as the moon was well in the SE horizon. So for a good 5 hours it was relentless, but I pushed through. The. The skies clear, and the moon was too high to get anything worth while. Stayed out for another hour before I was pretty cold and out of cigarettes, and called it a night. The moon was gorgeous though. Hope you all had better luck.

#2 Araguaia

Araguaia

Apollo

• Loc: deepest, darkest Brazil

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:11 AM

At least you got out.  It was threatening to rain here, so I didn't even go through the motions.  I had the night "off" and big plans for the hour and a half with no moon...

#3 SeaBee1

SeaBee1

Soyuz

• Loc: Under the DFW light barrier

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:03 AM

Heck, I used to say "It only rains or is cloudy on my nights off." Now it is just cloudy or rains... period.

I think I would be happy to just get a sucker hole event... just one...

Well... clear skies... one day?

CB

• BFaucett and astrochef like this

#4 jcj380

jcj380

Apollo

• Loc: Chicago 'burbs. Bortle 7-8

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:41 PM

Forecast called for clear skies until midnight.  It was 100% cloudy by 8PM.  I was planning on taking out my 120mm for some cluster viewing before moonrise, but wound up with about 20 minutes in Orion through a sucker hole with my 80mm.

On the bright side, I *did* have 20 minutes of observing and I was able to check out a new pan head for the 80.

• BFaucett likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics