•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

IC405 without colors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tommymark

tommymark

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I hope I can collect a bit of RGB too... but the weather... so just simple plain H-alpha.

I still like the ASI183, I just need more clear skies for the small pixels grin.gif

I have a feeling I could collect more photons to get better details in the outer parts. But did I mention the weather?

40327648673_c34ced6c04_b.jpg

IC 405 (Flaming-Star-Nebula) by TommyMarkus, on Flickr

CS

Thomas

• rustynpp, CCD-Freak, psandelle and 6 others like this

#2 BenKolt

BenKolt

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:08 PM

That's beautifully done.  I do hope you get the chance to add color soon.  But your monochrome rendering certainly brings out the unique ripples of this nebula.

Ben

#3 tommymark

tommymark

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:53 PM

Thank you Ben.

I tried, but unfortunately a "small" problem came up. I managed to take new blue subs but after integration the stars were just a little bit smaller. Actually this was the first time I took RGB subs with my little scope and the reducer: this was mainly my "large emmision nebula setup". Looks to me that I ran into the classic blue bloat problem: I use Baader filters and the blue cuts off somwhere at ~380nm. That's probably to much (or less...) for my scope.

I'm not sure if I end this litte RGB experiment or try an other blue fliter. The Astronomik deep sky blue filter seems to fit better (cut of at ~420nm), but the filter is 1mm thick. This would change my backfocus because the Baaders are 2mm thick. Hmmm.

CS

Thomas

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics