•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

1st annual Great Southwest Star Party

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tony_Gondola

Tony_Gondola

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:55 PM

The New Mexico Museum of Space History will be hosting the first annual Great Southwest Star Party, May 31st through June 2nd.

Located in sunny and warm southern New Mexico you can expect comfortable conditions in a clean and amenity filled location. We have paved accommodations for RV’s and large tents as well as 2 and 3 bay spots for car camping. Indoor restrooms will be available 24 hours a day, food vendors will be on-site. Access to the museum, 4K theater and local attractions along with the comradery of fellow observers will make this a fun and unique event.

Sky conditions should be very favorable with average highs jut touching a dry 90F, nighttime lows averaging around 60F, precipitation zero. Nestled in the foothills of the Sacramento Mountains at an altitude of 4797 ft. the museum site offers clear skies with sweeping views of the Tularosa Basin and White Sands National Park. 

For more information and registration go to:

https://spacehalloff...gistration.html

• Jon Isaacs, Gary Z and Corwinmageoin like this

#2 petert913

petert913

Vanguard

• Loc: Portland, OR

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:26 PM

I would love to attend.  Probably not in the cards, but I would love to !!

#3 Tony_Gondola

Tony_Gondola

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:10 AM

We would love to have you! Take a break from clouds and rain!!

#4 MikeTahtib

MikeTahtib

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:08 AM

Something like this is definitely on my bucket list.  I would love to observe from the southwest at high altitude, but don't know where to go that is optimal & safe for setting up a telescope.  I don't know if I'll make it this year.  I've been debating having my mirror refigured, so it probably won't be ready in time.  Bt I hope you do this annually, and I hope it is very successful.

#5 Tony_Gondola

Tony_Gondola

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for he good words!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics