•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Which microscope was Baader/Zeiss binoviewer derived from?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RichA

RichA

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Toronto, Canada

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:09 PM

I remember seeing a Zeiss Jena with a binohead that looked a lot like the Baader.

#2 EverlastingSky

EverlastingSky

Viking 1

• Loc: Vancouver Canada

Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:16 PM

If you do a lot of diligent e-bay searching for Zeiss or Leica microscopes you may come across a familiar bino head. And often for a lot lower cost than you might imagine...

#3 RichA

RichA

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Toronto, Canada

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:12 PM

Unfortunately, the one that exactly matched the Baader unit was attached to a Jena microscope and couldn't be taken from it.  But I'll keep looking. 

#4 silv

silv

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:32 AM

In Dennis' long thread somewhere he mentions differences he looks out for when hunting for ZEISS microscope heads. I'm sorry I don't recall which those diff. were and where in the long thread you'd find it. But from what I remember, the appearance isn't all you'd have to go for. 

#5 bdg

bdg

Viking 1

Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:41 PM

I remember seeing a Zeiss Jena with a binohead that looked a lot like the Baader.

I purchased the head from Zeiss directly - the model # 425500-0000-000 Binocular tube 30°/25, reversed image worked with Dennis on this forum to buy the EP and focuser adapter. My recommendation though is to buy one of the pre-made kit sold by Dennis and save yourself time.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics