Here is a look at the PHD Log Viewer RA analysis from the session where that sound was recorded. I have worked on getting the mesh right for a while. I have used advice from many here and in the OpenPHD Google group - tighten down to where I see stalling and then back off ~1/4 turn so that it fully engaged but does not cause a stall.
Oddly, I ran a PEMPRO session and showed nearly within spec PE although that graph looks nothing like the one that came with the mount.
Of course, I had set SGP to run unattended to start imaging after the moon went down and woke up to find that my PC had an "unexpected shutdown" (Event ID 6008) about a half an hour after I went to bed.....grrr...no subs taken.
The mount kept track of where it was and could go to it's park position just fine - which happens to be the zero position, so I don't think it is skipping.
I will send this over to the techs at Itron for review. This mount is only about 6 weeks old. Sadly, we have had about 5 weeks of clouds here so I am still in the learning curve here...