•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Good cheap scope tote .

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 beanerds

beanerds

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Darwin Australia

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:29 AM

Hi all , I am on days off at the moment and my wife asked if I could take her guitar to the local music shop for some new steel strings , and while I was there noticed some tote bags for different musical instruments on a shelf .

I looked at a few and there was one made for carrying keyboards and thought HMMM ?

I grabbed this one for about $59 usd for my new to me ED100 and as you can see its perfect ! well made with side pockets , quality zippers and even a shoulder strap , really well made .

Its a ' Xtreme ' brand and here it is . I am stoked to get this at this price so if you are looking for something like this ,,, go for it ! .

Beanerds.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190315_140807 (2).jpg
  • IMG_20190315_140931 (2).jpg
  • IMG_20190315_141235 (2).jpg

• Paul G and jcj380 like this

#2 fishonkevin

fishonkevin

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Michigan

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:29 AM

Yes musicians and DJ's use some pretty delicate equipment, a lot like we do.  I found this for carrying a 8" SC.

https://gatorcases.c...-10-gpa-tote10/

#3 gnowellsct

gnowellsct

Hubble

Posted 17 March 2019 - 10:55 PM

I have used tool boxes for many of my scopes.  With closed cell foam on the interior, they can provide nice protection.  Still, four or five tool boxes begin to occupy a great deal of space.  but Recently I tried out a Manfrotto tripod bag.  As you spend more money you get a thicker kind of padding and hard nose on the end (padded from inside).

The Geoptik carry bags are quite nice: they are designed explicitly for telescopes, they have about three dozen different types.   I finally just ordered a bunch this past week.  I'm purging the tool boxes.

So I've done it both ways now, inexpensive and higher end.  I didn't really have anything to carry my c8 in which was a problem when it was in the car with the dog.  With the C14 it doesn't matter, the dog is afraid of the C14.

Greg N

#4 Cotts

Cotts

Just Wondering

• Moderators
  • Loc: Madoc, Ontario

Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:36 AM

For scopes of a certain size:  https://www.amazon.c...g=msncahydra-20

Dave

#5 Special Ed

Special Ed

Voyager 1

• Loc: Greenbrier County, WV 38N, 80W

Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:55 AM

...  I didn't really have anything to carry my c8 in which was a problem when it was in the car with the dog.  With the C14 it doesn't matter, the dog is afraid of the C14.

Greg N

Hey Greg,

A friend of mine just sets his 8" Meade SCT in the front seat of his car pointing up and down and puts the seat belt on it.  Works good.

#6 jaraxx

jaraxx

Mariner 2

Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:29 PM

I found a saxophone case at a yardsale for $5. It's perfect for an 80mm short refractor. Very, very well padded with a plush furry finish on the inside, excellent nylon canvas fabric on the outside. You just never know unless you go!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics