•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mounting a Guidescope To an Orion EON 130mm

accessories equipment refractor
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 roberjam

roberjam

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:34 PM

Hi Folks,

I recently got a used Orion EON 130 mm.  I want to attach a guidescope to the OTA in a way that minimizes weight and cost. ( I haven't chosen the guidescope yet either, but I've been looking at the Agena 9x50.)  Any examples of mounting a guidescope to this OTA would be useful for me.  Thanks.

Best Wishes,

Jim

#2 stevety

stevety

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: San Ramon ca

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:51 PM

Orion 7955 Narrow Universal Dovetail Plate . I have the same telescope and used the dovetail mount on top and then mount your guide scope to that.you can find it at Orion site or amazon.

#3 Geo.

Geo.

Vendor - Nexstar Parts

• Vendors
  • Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:43 PM

ADM has 11" VDUP11-BLEM- V for $35, VPA-BLEM- V Vixen format adapters for $15 each and 75mm rings for $75. So for $150 you get a complete setup.

Cheaper and lighter - #CR30 - 3" Cradle Rings $39 plus $15 for the 3 point option.  #EQD1 - 13" Extruded Aluminum Dovetail Bar - $32.00. Drill your mounting holes as needed.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, equipment, refractor

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics