•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron Focuser and SGP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 watty1959

watty1959

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted Yesterday, 10:21 AM

I recently purchased the new Celestron focuser to add it onto my Edge HD 1100. I am also fairly new to SGP.  Does anyone have any experience integrating this focuser into SGP?  I am struggling with the auto focus portion. I've tried various settings in SGP and have not had much luck.  If there is anyone that has been successful at this can you please share your focuser settings that you use in SGP? Thank you.

#2 Alex McConahay

Alex McConahay

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Moreno Valley, CA

Posted Yesterday, 11:53 AM

What kind of problem are you having?

Can you connect to the focuser, and have its position reading register in the Focus Control module?

Have you run the suggested focusing procedures in the manual, the one that helps you set focus position?

Alex

#3 watty1959

watty1959

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted Today, 04:34 AM

Though the connections seem quite finicky at times, I am able to make the proper connections and manually work the focuser.  I can move it in and out and set a "go to" number and it responds properly. The problem I'm having is when I run the auto focus, after getting as close to focus as I can manually using the HFR values, it never seems to settle into focus. It overshoots and then will reverse and overshoot in the other direction.

I have read the manual but I will do so again.  I must be missing something. My seeing the other night was not the best so I wonder if that had anything to do with it. And then I ran out of time with clouds rolling in.

Pat

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics