•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Planetarium Program to control different mounts......

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vsteblina

vsteblina

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Wenatchee, Washington

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:55 PM

I have three mounts: a AP900 GTO, a Skywatcher EQ-6, and a Celestron AVX.

What I would like to find is one program to control all THREE mounts. Every hand controller is slightly different and it just drives me nuts. So it would be great to have ONE interface to control all three mounts. 

Currently I have the Sky Version 5, Starry Night Special Edition, Sky Safari, and even a copy of ECU!!

I really loved ECU. I like the Sky. I don't like Sky Safari. Just loaded Starry Night.

I am ok, with buying another or upgraded package, but I would like one program to control all three mounts. Easy installation is a real plus.

I would like it to have access to the GCVS catalog.

Thoughts???

Edited by vsteblina, 18 March 2019 - 08:57 PM.

#2 Ranger Tim

Ranger Tim

Apollo

• Loc: SW Idaho, USA

Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:27 PM

All at the same time?

#3 Eric H

Eric H

Ranger 4

• Loc: Washougal, WA

Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:40 PM

The Sky X

#4 DuncanM

DuncanM

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Arizona Sky Village or the rain forest

Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:48 PM

I have three mounts: a AP900 GTO, a Skywatcher EQ-6, and a Celestron AVX.

What I would like to find is one program to control all THREE mounts. Every hand controller is slightly different and it just drives me nuts. So it would be great to have ONE interface to control all three mounts. 

Currently I have the Sky Version 5, Starry Night Special Edition, Sky Safari, and even a copy of ECU!!

I really loved ECU. I like the Sky. I don't like Sky Safari. Just loaded Starry Night.

I am ok, with buying another or upgraded package, but I would like one program to control all three mounts. Easy installation is a real plus.

I would like it to have access to the GCVS catalog.

Thoughts???

You could use three instances of AstroArt7 (on one computer) to control all 3 mounts. AA7 has a built in Star Atlas but unfortunately, while the free demo version can be used for mount and camera control for 60 minutes at a time, the star atlas is disabled in the demo.

I use two machines each running AA7 to control 2 mounts with 2 cameras per mount and then control the remote computers via a workstation running Chrome Remote Desktop.

#5 vsteblina

vsteblina

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Wenatchee, Washington

Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:41 PM

All at the same time?

Nope, just want a common interface for all the mounts. Be running one at a time.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics