•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

RC8 Tak/Laser M90mm Adaptor for collimating GSO 8"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brisbaneskys

brisbaneskys

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:41 PM

Hi Guys,

I come accross this adapter for my RC8 telescope. It allows for direct connection to the telescope as well as the Takahashi collimating telescope for more precise collimating of the RC8.

I picked it up from the site: https://www.rafcamer...x1f-to-m36-4x1f.

I have seen something similar but not for the 8".  I,m sure this would also work on a 6" as it also has a 90mm thread, but can't be to sure about that.

Since I have used it I have been getting top collimation where as before it was always touch and go and I would contribute this to the fact I'm not trying to collimate through the focuser.

You can also attached any 48mm threaded adapter to it as well I attached a laser to double check the alignment.

Robin

Attached Thumbnails

• M90 1cc.jpg
  • RC8 Taka 1abcd.jpg
  • RC8 laser 1abcd.jpg

#2 cloudswimmer

cloudswimmer

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:16 PM

Hi Guys,

I come accross this adapter for my RC8 telescope. It allows for direct connection to the telescope as well as the Takahashi collimating telescope for more precise collimating of the RC8.

I picked it up from the site: https://www.rafcamer...x1f-to-m36-4x1f.

I have seen something similar but not for the 8".  I,m sure this would also work on a 6" as it also has a 90mm thread, but can't be to sure about that.

Since I have used it I have been getting top collimation where as before it was always touch and go and I would contribute this to the fact I'm not trying to collimate through the focuser.

You can also attached any 48mm threaded adapter to it as well I attached a laser to double check the alignment.

Robin

Interesting, but what about collimating a focuser like a moonlight .. in that case wouldn't you want to use the Tak collimator in the focuser? I just picked up the 8" GSO RC recently but haven't used it yet. I was planning on getting the 2.5" Moonlight and electronic focuser, the AP CCDT67 reducer, and possibly this Tak Collimating Telescope, and tips? I'm kinda stuck right now on what to get for collimating .. only collimating tool I have is the Hotech 2" Newtonian Laser. Thanks Robin for posting this waytogo.gif

Chris

#3 brisbaneskys

brisbaneskys

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:49 AM

Hi Chris,

Sorry about the late reply.

I'm not sure if you know about this link:

https://www.dropbox....on 1.0.pdf?dl=0

If the link ask to signup just X out of the popup and download the manual as it might answer some of your questions.

Robin

Edited by brisbaneskys, 25 April 2019 - 06:51 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics