•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

IC410 Tadpole Nebula on a SHORT night

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 twidget

twidget

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: SW Missouri

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:28 PM

Well, finally got a few nights (Friday/Saturday past, and last night) that the stars were visible here in Joplin. Not the best of conditions, but at least it wasn't 15 degrees F or colder. Only had 1 other night since mid-January that was shootable for me, so I got the rig set up, and did what I could. Fri/Sat nights I shot all night long (some decent, some so-so, some poor), imaging IC405, M81-M82, NGC3254 + SN2019NP, and M63. Oh, almost forgot.....had to deal with a waxing gibbous moon fingertap.gif .

Last night had the best conditions of the 3 nights, but only for 1.5 hours......then the usual thin high cloud layer formed, and that was that. But, I was able to get the subs for the following image before I was forced to quit. I used all 41 of the 120s Ha subs (a few will get tossed when I get more subs), calibrated them completely, did a slight crop, ran the stack thru DBE twice, and 4 passes of ABE. Then a simple stretch, which I overdid a tad.

I know it isn't great (NOWHERE as good as Jon's Tadpole image from earlier smile.gif ), but I'm happy to be imaging again !! And, it ain't too shabby for just over an hour of total integration time, IMO.

IC410 031819 120s-20dHa Str2 0.25.jpg

Full-size jpeg here:   https://astrob.in/396491/0/

Mike

• psandelle, mikewayne3, jeremiah2229 and 2 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics