•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

10 day old Moon 80mm frac Afocal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Matt L

Matt L

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Massachusetts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:23 PM

DSCN1176~15-1600x1200.JPG

Hi finally got a pic. Took a while with ghosting between the camera lense and eyepiece ,had to use a Kellner too clear that up . No real fine detail , used an lg tablet for processing. 

This was my first moon pic. Have to say seeing what you guys post here is inspiring....

This was with an 80 mm Meade from the mid eighties and the camera a Nikon coolpix 7000.

• Carol L, Jim Waters, Bomber Bob and 5 others like this

#2 Tom Glenn

Tom Glenn

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:28 PM

Nice first post, Matt!  Welcome to CN (although I see it says you joined 3 years ago and this is your first post!.....took some warming up, eh?).  Like many of us, I got my first start taking photos of the Moon with my phone through the eyepiece, so I can certainly appreciate how difficult it is to take good images this way.  

Edited by Tom Glenn, 19 March 2019 - 06:29 PM.

#3 Matt L

Matt L

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Massachusetts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:52 PM

Thanks Tom. I got the bug about then, got some binoviewers and was happy .  Seeing you all's pics inspired me to try and wow you guys are dedicated. I struggled for that one pic. I will continue to watch the moon and your pics and I will try to keep my set up very simple ... a better camera ..yes ...processing is the big one.......

#4 Jim Waters

Jim Waters

Vanguard

• Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA

Posted 19 March 2019 - 07:08 PM

Real nice image Matt.  I haven't much luck imaging from the eyepiece.

#5 Foc

Foc

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: South Canberra

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:52 AM

This dramatic image make the moon look like it is hurtling at an angle towards us on earth!

Assuming its not, then I think I need more sleep...seem to be getting a bit light headed.

• gfstallin likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics