•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ATIK Horizon and Artemis Camera Recognition

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Frank P

Frank P

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:45 AM

My venerable windows XP machine finally died of all age and use.  Purchased a new Dell PC with an Intel i7 chip.  I am experiencing nightmares in loading and getting my associated software running.  I have installed the ATIK core download software 3 times but the software will not recognize the camera.  The Infinity software does recognize it and the new Dusk software recognizes it but shuts itself down especially when running their sequencing process.  Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated because I am now shut down in both imaging and autoguiding pending resolution of these issues.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

#2 D_talley

D_talley

Gemini

• Loc: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:10 AM

This is from the ATIK site. If you tried to install the old software this may be the problem:

Camera not connecting after installing new version:

The most likely reason for this is that windows is holding onto the old drivers. To check that you have the correct driver, open up device manager and then find your camera in the list (It is usually in ‘Universal Serial Bus Controllers’, but might be in ‘Universal Serial Bus devices’ or ‘libusb (WinUSB) devices’). Then, ‘right click’ your camera and select ‘properties’. You should see ‘libusb’ listed as the manufacturer. If not, then you have the wrong driver. To correct this, go back to device manager, and ‘left click’ your camera. A button will appear in the top bar with a red ‘x’ on it. If you hover over it, it will say ‘uninstall’. Click that button, then tick the ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ checkbox. Then press OK. This will delete the old driver. Then, if you unplug and reconnect the camera, the camera will find the correct driver.

#3 Noah4x4

Noah4x4

Vanguard

• Loc: Colchester UK

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:37 PM

No, that isn't the solution in this instance.... there is a different temporary issue...you need the old drivers for a little longer.

There is a current ASCOM driver issue with the Dusk version of the core software. Atik Support is close to resolving this. But in the meanwhile, temporarily uninstall that and instead reinstall the older None Dusk core software from August 2018, making sure you select the inclusion of ASCOM drivers. This older version remains available on the Atik downloads page. Dusk has a bug that is being worked upon. So hold fire and stay with Artemis Capture for a few more days.

The issue was that owners of an Atik Horizon CMOS  found that could not set Gain and Colour in Dusk, SG Pro or Sharpcap. This required a revision to the Atik ASCOM Driver to enquire "which camera", hence "CCD or CMOS". However, that has had an unforseen impact on the driver for Atik CCDs. It has now been fixed in Infinity, Artemis Capture, SG Pro and Maxim but not yet fixed in Dusk and SharpCap.

Fortunately, the only people affected are those few that have downloaded the Dusk version in the last few days. I know Atik and SharpCap were liaising today, so hopefully it will all be resolved perhaps tomorrow. But if you revert to the August 2018 version, it should work fine again, but not yet in Dusk.

Edited by Noah4x4, 21 March 2019 - 05:00 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics