•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NightCap Camera App Remote Shutter Control

astrophotography beginner
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MVoltae

MVoltae

Sputnik

• topic starter
  • Loc: Verona, Wisconsin, USA

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:42 PM

I have the NightCap Camera app on my IPhone 5s and would like to activate the shutter remotely.  This works fine using the volume buttons on my plugged-in Apple headphones. In contrast, it does not work when I try using a blue-tooth remote made by CAMKIX.  Yet, the CAMKIX does work when I use the camera without NightCap.  It gets even more puzzling.  If I plug in my small Apple headphones and at the same time connect the CAMKIX via blue-tooth, I can activate the shutter with either the CAMKIX or the headphone volume control when using NightCap.  If I instead use a combination of CAMKIX and a headphone that does not have volume control, I cannot activate the shutter with either when using NightCap.   I would greatly appreciate a recommendation for a remote/blue tooth shutter controller that will work with NightCap ( in the absence of an additional plug-in of a headphone).  Thanks for any help.

• Starward likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, beginner

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics