•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

near full moon anything to image with ha image

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 iwols

iwols

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: doncaster uk

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:51 AM

hi been a while since we had a clear sky here in the uk so last night although  it was nearly a full moon ,gave ic410(tadpole) a go ,ha were detailed but rgb combined was a wash out ,new to me setup so itching to give it a go ,any recommendations,cheers

Edited by iwols, 21 March 2019 - 08:21 AM.

• wrnchhead likes this

#2 billdan

billdan

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: SE Queensland

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:14 AM

In the past when full moon was out, I used to image globs and open star clusters. These days I don't bother going out unless I need to test something.

• iwols likes this

#3 starbob1

starbob1

Surveyor 1

• Loc: IN

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:34 AM

Image the moon. Getting good shots of the moon is fun. Its fun to process pic of the moon.

• iwols and wrnchhead like this

#4 sg6

sg6

Aurora

• Loc: Norfolk, UK.

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:40 AM

Maybe an open cluster or two that have a selection of different coloured stars in them, see if you can drag the colours out - a lot seem to come out white only.

Would need to be a close cluster, last nights viewing of the Beehive was "limited" as the cluster was 2x diameter of the view, maybe a bit more.

Can you get the Coathanger all in? That has assorted colours, if I recall, but it is again not small.

Would need to pull up Stellarium or Skysafari and see where the moon is and what is available away from the direction of the moon.

Suppose the other answer is: Image the moon.

But as it was rising last night it did look magnificent, white here and the atmosphere and angles magnified the size. ~6:00-6:30pm. Later it was the normal size.

• iwols likes this

#5 iwols

iwols

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: doncaster uk

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:17 AM

my tadpole in Ha darent show you the rgbha version

tadpole ic410 in Ha jpg.png

• happylimpet and Gipht like this

#6 Dan Crowson

Dan Crowson

Vanguard

• Moderators
  • Loc: O'Fallon, MO

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:59 AM

Any time the moon is over around 50%, I don't bother collecting anything but Ha for pretty pictures. I would revisit this one for RGB when the moon is out of the way.

There are not a lot of narrowband targets this time of the year and the ones that are around tend to be close to the moon.

Dan

• iwols likes this

#7 happylimpet

happylimpet

Soyuz

• Loc: Southampton, UK

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:09 AM

When the moon is up its narrowband time, or imaging thats more down to a 'detection', like interesting asteroids, supernovae etc. For me anyway.

• iwols likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics