Not been here for a while.
started with NEQ6 two years ago and want to upgrade to a bit better mount.
Not sure if it is worth at all.
At the moment I have 130PDS + ASi1600mm and a piggybacked Samyang 135mm + Canon, all on NEQ6 and guiding is not very reliable... sometimes 0.6" Total RMS sometimes 1.2...
I cannot leave it for whole night unsupervised...
Without Piggyback toys, guiding was always around 0.7, was good enough, but the lack of clear skies push me towards the dual rig and NEQ6 does not shine bright in this field... at least in my hands...
Thinking to step up to a bit more expensive mount.
At the moment I have 2 on the list:
1) New CEM60EC + Tri-Pier tripod.
2) Used Avalon Fast Reverse (SynScan) with Avalon tripod.
Price will be almost the same...
I am on the fence, with both legs towards CEM6EC, because:
2) Encoder in RA, (but not sure how much guiding benefits from it...);
3) Built-in or customised cable management system;
4) Not essential, but nice bonuses, like GPS and Polar Alignment Routine without visible Polaris (which I do not see in my back-garden).
But I afraid to jump... I need a push maybe...
Not sure if any of these mounts will perform better than NEQ6 with piggybacked Newtonian which was quite a challenge to balance.
Make a sale please! I must be ready for the next AP season and have some sleep during clear nights
Edited by RolkaLT, 21 March 2019 - 11:00 AM.