•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Filters for Sony Mirrorless

dslr equipment
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 feygan

feygan

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Romania

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:38 PM

Hello fellows,

I'm new to astrophotography and at this point I'm using whatever gear I got. I have a Sony A6300 and a 135mm lens that has a 55mm filter size.

I'm planing on buying an entry level refractor (William Optics Zenithstar 61 or 73), and I was considering some filters, maybe an Ha and a light pollution one.

I cannot find a clip-on filter for Sony A6300 so I gravitated for a 2" one. Do you know if there is a way to adapt a 2" filter to 55mm so I can use it with my current lens until I buy my refractor?

Thanks!

Edited by feygan, 21 March 2019 - 04:39 PM.

• Thaeland likes this

#2 t_image

t_image

Mercury-Atlas

• -----

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:12 PM

Hello fellows,

I'm new to astrophotography and at this point I'm using whatever gear I got. I have a Sony A6300 and a 135mm lens that has a 55mm filter size.

I'm planing on buying an entry level refractor (William Optics Zenithstar 61 or 73), and I was considering some filters, maybe an Ha and a light pollution one.

I cannot find a clip-on filter for Sony A6300 so I gravitated for a 2" one. Do you know if there is a way to adapt a 2" filter to 55mm so I can use it with my current lens until I buy my refractor?

Thanks!

There are "step down" conversion rings floating around that are designed for ND front of lens filters, etc.

You will lose aperture as you stop down the light-gathering ability of your lens by constricting the front however.

I utilize a mechanical adapter (EOS/NIK to NEX) that can hold a filter in the rear of the lens (no aperture loss) and use Nikon or Canon mount lenses to add astro filters to my Sony e-mount cameras when using lenses and no scope....

• Thaeland likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dslr, equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics