•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade Research Grade 28mm Orthos-Reacquired!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Don W

Don W

demi-god

• Administrators
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Wisconsin, USA

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:20 PM

Just got my very favorite of the Meade RG eyepieces, the 28mm Orthoscopic. Purchased from a fellow in England. Actually he sold me two of them!! One with original box and one without. Both are in VG condition, optically with some cosmetic signs of wear on the outside. I sold a complete set about a dozen years ago and immediately regretted selling the 28mm Ortho and the 20mm Wide Angle. I was able to obtain the 20mm a few years back. I'm a happy boy!

Two 28mm.jpg

• rolo, astro140, sgorton99 and 4 others like this

#2 terraclarke

terraclarke

Hubble

• Loc: Third from the Sun

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:24 PM

I love my 7mm RG Ortho. I would hate to ever give it up!
  • Don W, rolo, steve t and 1 other like this

#3 TOMDEY

TOMDEY

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Springwater, NY

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:20 PM

Orthoscopic is my favorite vintage/classic telescope eyepiece design. Possibly because I got my 1st grand view of Jupiter with the old Edmund 12.5mm way back circa 1960-ish. Indeed, Orthoscopic is a magnificent performer, provided the feed is not too fast.

Turns out that the Hastings Triplet Magnifier Loupe is also wonderful. Both comprise a cemented triplet... always struck me as no coincidence.    Tom

Attached Thumbnails

• 27 two visual uses of cemented triplets.jpg

• steve t, terraclarke, Bomber Bob and 2 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics