•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

2" filters are not very compatible

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 t-ara-fan

t-ara-fan

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:13 PM

I have a bunch of 2" filters, and some adapters that they should thread into. For the most part, they suck, and only screw on 1/2 turn before binding. I tested all the parts I have, and came up with the following summary table.

Is it just me, or are these M48x0.75 threads really finicky to machine and are therefore not very cross-compatible? Kind of surprising, they are not that complex, and I have some reputable brands in the mix.

6kQJ1uw.png

• numchuck likes this

#2 pkrallis

pkrallis

Vostok 1

• Loc: Colorado Springs, CO

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:04 AM

FWIW I've never had a problem fitting any 2" filters into any of the 2" filter holders I have owned but  I can't fit 48mm photo filters correctly into the two I have now. 2" filters are 50,8mm if memory serves

#3 nimitz69

nimitz69

Apollo

• Loc: A barrier island 18 miles south of Cocoa Beach

Posted 23 March 2019 - 11:18 AM

Same here, never has a issue with any 2” filter threading onto any adapter, EP, diagonal, etc ... I have Baader & Optolong for AP and Baader, GSO variable polarizing & old camera filters for visual ....

• 17.5Dob likes this

#4 17.5Dob

17.5Dob

Aurora

• ****-
  • Loc: Colorado,USA

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:49 PM

Same here, never has a issue with any 2” filter threading onto any adapter, EP, diagonal, etc ... I have Baader & Optolong for AP and Baader, GSO variable polarizing & old camera filters for visual ....

+3

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics