•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SkyGuider Pro or StarAdventurer Pro?

beginner dslr equipment
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 waikee

waikee

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:40 AM

Sorry for the dumb question, I am really new to astronomical and still learning

I‘ve had enough with the cg-3 w motor driver ,it is so inaccurate to track the star.

I hv done some searching in these two type of star tracker.

Since I need them to be portable and be able to carry my c90mak with a Canon 600D, Skyguider and StarAdventurer seems to be a solution for me. But what's the mainly difference between them? 

#2 Hesiod

Hesiod

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:39 PM

Absolutely none of them!

To take unguided pictures at 1250mm f.l. you need a bloody good mount, especially because it is a f/15 telescope.

Those devices are designed to take moderately short exposures at very low focals with very fast lenses: your f/15 is 5 stop slower than a f/2.8 lens, meaning that, to get the same amount of signal you would attain in the f/2.8 lens, have to get subs 2^5 longer...

To use the 90/1250 you would need a larger mount (at least eq3/cg4, but bigger is better) and the equipment to guide (manual, or, better, auto), but it is not a really good setup to begin with, and in general term not a good setup overall.

If want to start with AP, I'd suggest to use your camera with standard lenses instead (conventional approach), or stick with you have and try a sort of lucky-imaging with heaps of very short, high ISO, subs

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beginner, dslr, equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics