•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Vixen- Losmandy D plate adapter for NJP 160?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

Hubble

• topic starter
  • Loc: Tampa area Florida

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:19 AM

Is there a way or a part, or adapter to allow a Vixen dovetail or Losmandy D plate to work on a NJP 160 mount?

#2 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators
  • Loc: NE Ohio

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:57 AM

There used to be a couple of sources for high quality tip-in saddles for various high end mounts; I had one from BT Tech on my NJP but they are no longer in production. robincasady.com was another source but they don't produce that part any more. I have also used saddles from admaccessories.com on other mounts and they might know the appropriate dimensions to make you one for the NJP.

#3 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

Hubble

• topic starter

Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:12 AM

I know nothing abut the NJP160 other than it has to be better than the G11 i had.  Sure don't want to spend big money just to mount a scope on it.  This is a older non GO-TO version.

#4 otocycle

otocycle

Apollo

Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:47 AM

Yes...there is a plate/part to adapt Takahashi mounts to Losmandy D....here is one example:

https://telescopes.n...BCABEgIX3_D_BwE

#5 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators

Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:36 AM

That may be an obsolete page. Other dealers that previously offered that item show it as discontinued. Probably worth a phone call, though.

#6 otocycle

otocycle

Apollo

Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:47 AM

Could be a custom order item.

I would just make an NJP adapter puck and buy one of ADM's DV saddles to bolt to it.

#7 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

Hubble

• topic starter

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:43 PM

There has to be a way.  I have another big refractor coming maybe. I must be crazy, but that is how i work.  I need some kind of mount that is non GO-TO with SLO -MO controls in the G11 to Titan size range.  So a older NJP would work, AP 800 , or older AP1200 or even the Celestron CI 1700 mount would work since it has SLO- MO controls.  If not SLO- MO controls then at least two drives that work unlike the last G11 i had.

Two nice mounts were for sale and no one wants to ship and none ever pop up in FL.

#8 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators

Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:17 PM

ADM can fix you up for sure; they just don't list what you need on their site but they can make whatever you need.

The NJP should be fine with a big refractor unless you go overboard. Mine carried a 7" F/9 as an imaging load with great results. If you are still shopping, a pre-GTO AP900 would also be a good platform.

#9 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

Hubble

• topic starter

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:21 AM

ADM can fix you up for sure; they just don't list what you need on their site but they can make whatever you need.

The NJP should be fine with a big refractor unless you go overboard. Mine carried a 7" F/9 as an imaging load with great results. If you are still shopping, a pre-GTO AP900 would also be a good platform.

The NJP sold.  I just never see non GO-TO AP mounts other than the 400 or 600 pop up.  A 900 or 1200 on a short pier would be perfect.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics