•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Full Frame Mono Camera Coming Soon - QHY600 (IMX455)

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#376 S70IP

S70IP

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:58 PM

Hi everyone,

Anyone with this camera managed to get it working in SGP? Sharpcap no problems but can’t get SGP to recognise the camera.

thanks.

#377 smccully

smccully

Explorer 1

• Loc: Florida

Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:59 AM

Hi everyone,

Anyone with this camera managed to get it working in SGP? Sharpcap no problems but can’t get SGP to recognise the camera.

thanks.

I dont use SGP, but I would expect it just connects as a regular ASCOM? Do you see the camera in ASCOM? Can you connect with ASCOM debug panel? 

I've preordered one as well, and still waiting to get it from TolgaAstro. Anybody else start to receive their pre-orders yet? 

#378 S70IP

S70IP

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:42 PM

I got it working however there are out of memory errors due to either 32bit SGP or ASCOM driver from QHY. sGP developers doing testing to see which.

for others you need to load 86 .dll file in ASCOM camera directory.

#379 cccha

cccha

Explorer 1

• Vendors

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:05 AM

If the ASCOM connection is not successful in SGP, you can try to update QHY's new ASCOM driver. The download link is:

https://www.qhyccd.c...-V0.1.51.29.zip

#380 AnakChan

AnakChan

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Oz

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:34 PM

I believe some folks here already have the QHY600 earlybird professional model with the filterwheel. Can you please share the weight of the QHY600 professional mono & filterwheel combined?

#381 namsel

namsel

Vostok 1

• Loc: Cambridge, MA

Posted 19 October 2019 - 08:18 PM

Does anyone have any pictures taken with this camera they could post in the forum ? nebula, galaxies, star clusters and the like ?

#382 AnakChan

AnakChan

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 19 October 2019 - 09:07 PM

Does anyone have any pictures taken with this camera they could post in the forum ? nebula, galaxies, star clusters and the like ?

Check out post #355. And there's a newer one by Arai-san in colour too but looks like a combo...only luminance channel was taken with the QHY600 (https://www.astrobin...ry4pwh/?nc=user).

Meanwhile, no one has the weight of the QHY600 professional with CFW? Still seeking that info.

Edited by AnakChan, 19 October 2019 - 09:07 PM.

#383 S70IP

S70IP

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 20 October 2019 - 03:35 AM

Meanwhile, no one has the weight of the QHY600 professional with CFW? Still seeking that info.

Sorry,

I use the FLI Centerline Filterwheel.

#384 patdufour

patdufour

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Quebec, Canada

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:56 PM

Both the camera and CFW 7 positions weight are about 915g. I have this setup as well as the medium size OAG.

#385 AnakChan

AnakChan

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:52 PM

Both the camera and CFW 7 positions weight are about 915g. I have this setup as well as the medium size OAG.

Cheers...ok so ~2kg camera load on top of the OTA/Guide payload.

#386 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Surveyor 1

Posted Yesterday, 04:45 PM

I think these are the first astro images we've seen with the QHY600 - taken by Matt Dahl, not by me.

https://www.astrobin.com/e716ok/0/

https://www.astrobin.com/5uf7w7/0/

The image of M31 shows a radial artifact. This may be a calibration issue or some other issue but it is not the camera at fault. Very clean images being shown. Camera has great promise- just the thing for my 11" RASA which would compliment any large fornat OSC. 

#387 chadrian84

chadrian84

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Posted Yesterday, 05:31 PM

People will quickly discover the limits of their scopes with this sensor.  At full frame with this pixel size the radial star effect will be very common.  In most cases I doubt even perfect tilt and backfocus adjustment will fix it.  I believe advertised image circles are usually defined by light falloff, not by corner star shapes.

Edited by chadrian84, Yesterday, 05:38 PM.

• AtmosFearIC likes this

#388 Coconuts

Coconuts

Mariner 2

Posted Yesterday, 09:18 PM

Chad:  Perhaps some do, but others (Tak, ASA Wynne corrector, APM Riccardi reducer, etc.) publish spot sizes at the center and at multiple positions across the field.  I recently purchased a Tak e-130D (430 mm T/3.3); while I haven't yet found its spot diagrams, it does claim under 10 um spots at the edges of a 44 mm diameter field.

All the best,

Kevin

#389 chadrian84

chadrian84

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Posted Yesterday, 10:02 PM

Kevin,

I mostly based that comment on this excerpt from Takahashi's website:

"In models other than the FSQ series, the image circle is defined as the circle in which light intensity is 60% or greater.  However, because of the outstanding performance of the FSQ series, for these models the image circle is defined as the area where star images are 30 microns or less.  In all FSQ telescopes, the light intensity across the image circle is greater than 70%."

• motab likes this

#390 rockstarbill

rockstarbill

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Snohomish, WA

Posted Yesterday, 11:01 PM

Kevin,

I mostly based that comment on this excerpt from Takahashi's website:

"In models other than the FSQ series, the image circle is defined as the circle in which light intensity is 60% or greater.  However, because of the outstanding performance of the FSQ series, for these models the image circle is defined as the area where star images are 30 microns or less.  In all FSQ telescopes, the light intensity across the image circle is greater than 70%."

While Tak does do that, others don't necessarily follow the same. For example, Astro-Physics publishes the fully corrected field for their telescopes, reducers, and flatteners. I do not anticipate that any of those telescopes and related equipment will fail the Full Frame CMOS test. 

The posted links above were taken with a QuadTCC and GTX -- that had a known tilt problem that was not resolved by the imager. I know this, because I know the person that took those images.

Edited by rockstarbill, Yesterday, 11:04 PM.

#391 Coconuts

Coconuts

Mariner 2

Posted Yesterday, 11:23 PM

For the FSQ-106EDX4, spot diagrams to the corners of full frame are readily available on the Takahashi website: https://www.takahash...or-telesco.html.  Their e-180 web page states: "The ε-180 will produce 10 micron stars across the entire 44 mm diameter flat 5 degree field".  Their e-130D states: "This corrector produces improved sharpness and a 1/3rd reduction in the size of the spot equaling the spot size of the E-180 at the edge producing a 44 mm diameter circle".  I also have a TMB/LZOS 130 mm f/6, with the large Riccardi 0.75X reducer; this combo's spot sizes are also listed, here: https://www.apm-tele...x reducer.pdf.  In a number of higher end systems, image circles are defined by spot sizes, not vignetting.  And they will pair very nicely with the new Sony IMX455 and IMX461 sensors, although 2X binning to quadruple etendue will be called for at longer focal lengths.

All the best,

Kevin

• motab likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics