•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

A Brief Comparative Review of the Oberwerk 20x65 ED Deluxe

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 dave85374

dave85374

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Surprise, AZ

Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:05 PM

Looks like my only choice for a good view both with and without glasses would be the Oberwerk 15x70 Ultra or the Orion Resolux 15x70.  Everything I have read say they are the same or almost the same. Any opinions as to which of the two is better than the other?   Which one would be the best for glass wearers? 

#27 Rich V.

Rich V.

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Lake Tahoe area, Nevada

Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:21 PM

Looks like my only choice for a good view both with and without glasses would be the Oberwerk 15x70 Ultra or the Orion Resolux 15x70.  Everything I have read say they are the same or almost the same. Any opinions as to which of the two is better than the other?   Which one would be the best for glass wearers? 

Even those BA8 series 15x70 binos have relatively short ER.  EdZ measured only 11-12mm effective:

https://www.cloudyni...on/#entry986317

Your best eye relief option is the later KUO MS or MS ED binos that have a bit over 18mm effective in their 16x70 models.

Rich

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics