•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Orion Exiting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tuc

tuc

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Canada

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:33 PM

Here's one from last Saturday taken with my Nikon F4, 50mm lens @ f/4 with the barn door tracker for 21 minutes. President's Choice 400 film again. 

Next time I will try to exclude the mountain as it's rather awful, haha. 

img222.jpg

Edited by tuc, 03 April 2019 - 11:41 PM.

• tim53, gustavo_sanchez and telesonic like this

#2 Michal1

Michal1

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Czech Republic, Central Europe

Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:23 AM

Tuc, I can do nothing else but to repeat myself: it is wonderful what you can do with a barn door tracker! Everything important is there, red nebulae, dark nebulae, star clusters! I have in this area almost the same with at least 10 times more expensive equipment, just with a little more resolution and clarity. How dark is your sky? Could you see for example some details in this part of the Milky Way by naked eye? Have you already identified the standard name for this President's Choice film so that I can buy it in Europe? And did any president indeed choose this film :) ?

#3 tuc

tuc

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Canada

Posted 05 April 2019 - 02:01 AM

Thanks Michal! Yeah, the sky is dark and the Milky Way is usually pronounced, but a blanket of cloud moved into the right half of the frame.

I haven't identified the P.C. film yet. Maybe it's Ferrania; they went out of business the same time President's Choice film was discontinued.

P.C. film is a terrible daytime film -- muted, drab colours! 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics