•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Crazy Notion!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#26 nemo

nemo

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 15 April 2004 - 02:50 PM

RBOE,
Aaah! "Out of the mouths of babes",
Dan

#27 sftonkin

sftonkin

Messenger

Posted 15 April 2004 - 03:03 PM

I suppose we could buy a bunch, relabel it at Cloudy Nights Eye Balm and make a bundle. :)

One willing punter here! (The stuff's not available this side of the pond)

#28 KennyJ

KennyJ

The British Flash

Posted 15 April 2004 - 05:36 PM

Stephen,

Perhaps we already have equivalent solutions here in the UK.

I occasionally use Optrex "Fresh Eyes" which is described as "Moisture -Replenishing DAILY Eye Care"

My wife , who recently started suffering from what felt as if she had "something in one of her eyes" , after undergoing various tests was found to be suffering from "Dry -Eye syndrome" , which was explained to her as being a potential life -long condition caused by blocked tearducts.

As a result she was PRESCRIBED Lacri-Lube eye OINTMENT , which must only be applied at NIGHT before sleeping and must be discarded after 28 days from opening.

"Lacri -Lube" is 57.3% White Soft Paraffin ,42.5% ( w/w) mineral oil and 0.2% ( w/w ) Lanolin Alcohols.

She was also advised to use Hypromellose Eye Drops
BPC 0.3 % w/v and a gel called Gel Tears - Carbomer 980 --protection for dry eyes.

I tried a drop of each tonight -- and easily resolved the 4th trapezium star --naked eye -- under exceedingly dense , typical Northern England cloud : -)

Seriously , these gels and drops are available "over the counter" at most pharmacists , only cost 2 or 3 pounds , and really do restore comfort to tired eyes.

Regards , Kenny.

#29 Rusty

Rusty

ISS

• In Memoriam

Posted 15 April 2004 - 09:49 PM

So, when's somebody going to report on post-eyedrop eyeball collimation...? :bigshock:

#30 rboe

rboe

ISS

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:57 PM

Who is going to wrestle Ed to the ground and pour junk into his eyes while he tests binoculars? :whistle:

#31 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 16 April 2004 - 07:00 AM

Are his eyes even still in calibration? Let's see that cal sticker mister!

#32 nemo

nemo

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 16 April 2004 - 04:33 PM

Kenny,
" Perhaps we already have equivalent solutions here in the UK." Was this one (pun) intentional? If it was it was rather good but if it was not it surely should have been. To confess Kenny with you I just never know.-smile
R/S,
Dan

#33 Bill Grass

Bill Grass

Prince Regent

Posted 16 April 2004 - 05:08 PM

So, when's somebody going to report on post-eyedrop eyeball collimation...? :bigshock:

Who is going to wrestle Ed to the ground and pour junk into his eyes while he tests binoculars? :whistle:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

#34 KennyJ

KennyJ

The British Flash

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:39 AM

Dan ,

I sometimes think a pun works better when not specifically refered to as having been intentional or not, particularly in context of a short statement as opposed to a longer one.

I realise the above does not directly answer your question, but the absolute truth of the matter is that I only spotted the pun AFTER I'd typed the sentence , so technically it was NOT intended , but the omission of reference to it after having spotted it,-- WAS --

Of course the decision to omit such reference was derived upon following many minutes of serious deliberation :-)

Regards , Kenny.

#35 rboe

rboe

ISS

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:13 PM

Your better pun is left best to leap upon the reader like a grouse startled from cover. Like discovering it was only a grouse and not a mountain lion; seeing it was only a pun relieves the reader but the shakes linger. Especially if, as in the case of some grouse - not truely seen - one is not totally sure it was a pun. I love puns :)

#36 nemo

nemo

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 18 April 2004 - 11:15 AM

rboe,
I like your style and your hat. I come from Montana so I am a bit biased.
Dan

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics