•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Image capture sw for QHY247C

astrophotography CMOS EAA
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 skaiser

skaiser

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: dallas Texas

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:24 PM

I have one of the QHY247C cameras I am using for astrophotography on my OAG guided CGX mount , with a celestron 9.25 SCT scope.

I have been using APT linked to PHD2 for my photos but became interested in the Sharpcap program with its LiveStacking capability and Native interface.

I was also interested in what capabilities I might gain using the "Native" interface in sharpcap as opposed to the ASCOM interface.

After some debug with Robin at Sharpcap , the Native interface is now working with the QHY247C in native mode but it seems to be radically different in exposure settings compared to APT (ascom interface) or even EZCAP_QT  ( native interface).

Just wondering if anyone else if using Sharpcap with the high res QHY cameras like the 247C and how well its working for them.

Also what other software are you using for Native interface to the QHY247C cameras.

Thanks

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, CMOS, EAA

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics