•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Found a source for the LCD Panel on the #497controller

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#76 And66

And66

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 04 October 2021 - 12:55 PM

You can pimp the contrast a bit using the setup menu options, it helped for me. For me this is perfect :-) Should anyone need LCD's i have also some spare's. Living in Belgium but i can easily shop to neighboring countries as well.

Greetings and many thanks,
Thierry

Gday All,

seems I finally found the fix for my old #497 controller with broken LCD ( 24 pin ) , too bad the item have an insane shipment cost ( like $120 ).

Looking for any European user (I'm from Italy) that could shop the LCD replacement at reasonable price.

To be clear I need the MHS50747-24AG Display Assembly 2 x16 LCD 0003

Thanks, clear skies

#77 PKERR

PKERR

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 14 October 2021 - 11:50 AM

I just bought a Meade Ext125 mount and tripod for not much and the 497 display is blank. Lots of info here and I thought I'd let you know that the display "MHS50747-24AG Display Assembly"  is available on E-Bay

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/353662484210

He says he has more than 10 and one of the photos shows he bought 514!! Good price $19US but shipping to me here in the Great White North was a bit much $24 but worth it if I can get this mount to work.

#78 Bill Jensen

Bill Jensen

Apollo

• Loc: Springfield VA

Posted Yesterday, 03:35 PM

I just bought a Meade Ext125 mount and tripod for not much and the 497 display is blank. Lots of info here and I thought I'd let you know that the display "MHS50747-24AG Display Assembly"  is available on E-Bay

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/353662484210

He says he has more than 10 and one of the photos shows he bought 514!! Good price $19US but shipping to me here in the Great White North was a bit much $24 but worth it if I can get this mount to work.

If his solution works for you, please provide an update. I have the same issue with a 497 early version that was sold to me with a blank display. I tried re-seating the ribbon cable to the PCB, but no luck there except for an initial set of gibberish that now has gone away. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics