•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

TeleVue Apollo 11

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#376 TOMDEY

TOMDEY

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Springwater, NY

Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:53 PM

Well... one for each eye... and a third, in case I drop one. Like I've shared before, I keep my eyepieces loose, in a spackling bucket, and cycle thru them by reaching down to the bottom with a meat-hook and pulling one out. Over the course of a few months, I have used most of them... and then the cycle begins again!    Tom

Attached Thumbnails

• 36 meat hook eyepiece selection.jpg

• bbqediguana likes this

#377 jeffmac

jeffmac

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Triad area, NC

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:20 PM

What would you do if a new design commemorative sold out immediately?

Yes. I'll bet that the commemorative 11 will come in a special commemorative box and, if it should be a smashing success, a new line of these will follow.

#378 Jeff Morgan

Jeff Morgan

Voyager 1

• Loc: Prescott, AZ

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:21 PM

Yes. I'll bet that the commemorative 11 will come in a special commemorative box and, if it should be a smashing success, a new line of these will follow.

300? They should last about a day, even priced on par with the Docter (Noblex). The economy is good, consumer sentiment is strong, and Tele Vue still has at least 300 hard-core fans. 

All things considered, I bet they are all sold by noon PDT on Day 1.

Remember the Brandon 50th Anniversary Sets? Gold anodized sets (32, 24, 16, 12, 8, and 6) in walnut boxes for about $1,000.

Don Yeier being an old-school kind of guy planned to launch them with an ad in Sky & Telescope. Lead time on such a thing is two or three months.

Before the ad hit, word leaked out on CloudyNights. The entire run was spoken for in a few days.

Demand was so strong he decided to do a second run of 100 (those were black anodized). And those were snapped up before the Sky & Telescope ad ever hit the newsstands.

Tele Vue will easily do 300. I wonder how they are going to be allocated in the dealer network? 

#379 Tyson M

Tyson M

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: 53 degrees North

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:32 PM

300? They should last about a day, even priced on par with the Docter (Noblex). The economy is good, consumer sentiment is strong, and Tele Vue still has at least 300 hard-core fans. 

All things considered, I bet they are all sold by noon PDT on Day 1.

Remember the Brandon 50th Anniversary Sets? Gold anodized sets (32, 24, 16, 12, 8, and 6) in walnut boxes for about $1,000.

Don Yeier being an old-school kind of guy planned to launch them with an ad in Sky & Telescope. Lead time on such a thing is two or three months.

Before the ad hit, word leaked out on CloudyNights. The entire run was spoken for in a few days.

Demand was so strong he decided to do a second run of 100 (those were black anodized). And those were snapped up before the Sky & Telescope ad ever hit the newsstands.

Tele Vue will easily do 300. I wonder how they are going to be allocated in the dealer network? 

I hope they are around the $400-$500...any more and I will have to pass.  Not that my sale would matter. Whatever direction they went, they are likely to be sold out right away like previously mentioned.

#380 dscarpa

dscarpa

Soyuz

• Loc: San Diego Ca.

Posted 17 April 2019 - 11:00 PM

Is it a 2"?  All my barlows and PM are 1.25". I like my 13 Ethos hybrid nature. David 

#381 Starman1

Starman1

Vendor (EyepiecesEtc.com)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Posted Yesterday, 12:31 AM

The specs show a 1.25" eyepiece with a 2" adapter included. See the earliest posts in the thread.

#382 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

Hubble

• Loc: Tampa area Florida

Posted Yesterday, 06:10 AM

I may try one. I wonder if it would be any better than a Circle NJ 11mm Nagler from 1985?  I guess coatings wise it would be better.

• 25585 likes this

#383 TOMDEY

TOMDEY

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Springwater, NY

Posted Yesterday, 01:38 PM

Yes indeed! And, if you really want it to retain its value, as a collectable... you must never open the box! Same consul as Barbie Dolls and Vintage Wines. Nothing like a 13mm Nagler Type Zero, stored in a dark, dank cellar at just the right angle, so the eye lens remains wet.    Tom

Attached Thumbnails

• 45 vintage wine and eyepiece proper storage.jpg

• Procyon, pao, bbqediguana and 2 others like this

#384 Deep13

Deep13

Skylab

• Loc: NE Ohio

Posted Yesterday, 02:01 PM

Tell zeiss that...

The company that no longer makes Abbes?
  • alnitak22 likes this

#385 Deep13

Deep13

Skylab

• Loc: NE Ohio

Posted Yesterday, 02:04 PM

Well... one for each eye... and a third, in case I drop one. Like I've shared before, I keep my eyepieces loose, in a spackling bucket, and cycle thru them by reaching down to the bottom with a meat-hook and pulling one out. Over the course of a few months, I have used most of them... and then the cycle begins again! Tom

Seems reasonable. :)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics