•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Ioptron 150mm Mak

astrophotography cassegrain dslr equipment imaging Maksutov observing tripod
  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Smarque2

Smarque2

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Posted 10 April 2019 - 11:19 AM

The LX85 is a Synta as well. If you don't want to pony up for the dual speed focuser, I'd say pick based on warranty and any bundled "extras".

I'm not sure you can tell any difference from the Rumak design since reports are "pinpoint" on the edges of the Synta as well. In theory, the central obscuration might be smaller, but I can't find any information to that effect. @gustavo_sanchez, have you tested to determine the aperture/CO sizes?

I don't know why I thought it was a JOC scope.

#27 dakinemaui

dakinemaui

Vostok 1

• Loc: Colorado Front Range Area

Posted 10 April 2019 - 11:28 AM

I don't know why I thought it was a JOC scope.

Once upon a time, I think Meades were rebranded JOCs. Not sure when they switched, though.

#28 Smarque2

Smarque2

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Posted 10 April 2019 - 11:35 AM

Once upon a time, I think Meades were rebranded JOCs. Not sure when they switched, though.

I know why I thought that. Their 127mm scope had similar specs to the ES model as opposed to Sky-Watcher and Orion

#29 crn3371

crn3371

Explorer 1

• Loc: SoCal

Posted 10 April 2019 - 11:45 AM

If you buy the ioptron 150 Mak bundled with the AZ mount pro you save $250.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, cassegrain, dslr, equipment, imaging, Maksutov, observing, tripod

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics