Here is a new photo from John Cekela.
I have made a Facebook page for MilkyCam, SpiralCam and SaturnCam. It is at https://www.facebook.com/yong54321 It is easy to use Facebook to post my videos. Here is some screen captured video link on youTube and they are available in Facebook too.
1. How to have both clear sky and foreground in MilkyCam? at https://youtu.be/JG0Rc3WB2Lo
2. How to manually select 2 tracking stars in MilkyCam? at https://youtu.be/YbjR4j2G3Sg
3. How to use MilkyCam with handhold? at https://youtu.be/CFXdyLum1Jo
and here is some more video form 3rd party view
1. Using MilkyCam with ear piece control for start and stop at https://youtu.be/ACvc3pRiCp8
2. Having clear foreground with stacked sky at https://youtu.be/ensyZJz0vX8
And here is some latest update on apps
1. Add artist name in saved image. Key in your name once and it appears for all your photos.
2. Export as 16 bit Tiff file. iPhone only support 8 bit so having 16 bit gives you more data in editing on desktop. Do air drop to your MacBook. Takes about a second to transfer.
1. Auto add Exif information such as ISO, shutter speed, exposure time, app setting etc in saved image.
2. Simplified user interface with a nebula button to image bright object.
3. Use subpixel to determine centroid of stars.
I often think of a new app where user can point to a sky and get the location of where phone or telescope is pointing at. I often get frustrated when I am "loss in space". So if I can have an app to tell me where am I and which direction to move my telescope and start stacking when I reach my object of interest, it will take away all the frustration. Do comment. And I am going to call it a GotoCam.
That is all for now. Talk to you in Facebook. And like my Facebook page to keep in contact. https://www.facebook.com/yong54321
Edited by Yong54321, 10 March 2020 - 11:25 AM.