Well I attempted the update, but failed. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Here's what I did:
1. Purchased a USB Meade 505 lead from Ebay which was confirmed as a lead for the #497 and Audiostar handsets
2. Connected lead to laptop USB port and to handset and connected handset to telescope
3. Switched on laptop, opened up Starpatch, selected the handset type and update version
4. Went through all the selections making making sure to select the GPS rollover fix
5. Turned on scope. Watched the handset, it did not beep and just went to its usual startup menu '0 to Align' etc
6. Clicked on 'update handset' in Starpatch anyway
7. It asked if I knew the serial port I selected 'No'. It asked if I wanted Starpatch to to determine port I selected 'Yes'. I then got a message saying 'Unable to locate handset'
8 Did the same thing in Safe Load and got the same result.
Any ideas? Thanks again!!!