•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

cant get wifi unit updated w new firmware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 imrj

imrj

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:05 PM

so I bought the wifi unit a couple months ago so its pretty new, i was able recently to run the firmware update on HC, Starsense and Wifi , but while the HC and starsense updated fine, no matter how many times I try I cant get it to update the wifi, it always says it failed....it does see all 3 devices and the skylink software works fine otherwise, i just cant get firmware updated.....any ideas?

#2 imrj

imrj

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:06 PM

sorry is a 8se, and i am updating via USB into HC.....

#3 Paul Skee

Paul Skee

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Orange County, CA (near Disneyland)

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:49 PM

To my knowledge there is no firmware update for the Celestron SkyPortal WiFi module. CFM will update only the HC and Motor control boards of the mount. The Starsense HC and camera are also supported, however there has been a along period of time since the last camera update was issued.

http://software.cele...pdates/CFM/CFM/

#4 Noah4x4

Noah4x4

Vanguard

• Loc: Colchester UK

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:21 AM

If you had an Evolution,  in the latest version of CFM that I recently beta-tested  it now attempts to update the 'WiFi Bridge' (whatever that is) and reports "update failed". I reported this in TeamCelestron a few weeks ago and a firmware engineer commented that some files still need to be added., Maybe this version has since been released into the public domain? But if your SkyPortal external WiFi accessory is working fine, I suggest you don't worry.. The latest Evolution motor and HC updates embraced improvements to Evolution third generation WiFi, so you are probably up to date if an SE8. 

#5 skaiser

skaiser

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: dallas Texas

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:40 AM

All. Please note, per a conversation on the team celestron web site.

“The WiFi modules can not be updated through the HC.

The manufacturer expects that update command be sent through the WiFi interface.”

this statement was made by their expert.

so, if they do come out with a update for the WiFi module, we will need to do this via a CFM WiFi connection.

per Paul and Noah, I agree there is no update available for the WiFi module yet.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics